BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

resurrection

after today's win, all i can say is that the white sox have resurrected their season. from looking like they were gonna end up at rock bottom to establishing a strong effort to get back on top



since today is easter (for my non-orthodox christian friends and readers-ours comes next week), i thought id put up my spin on our new team rebirth.

this is an orthodox christian icon that depicts jesus raising the dead. i thought it worked perfectly for our situation, so i spliced the saints heads in with the heads of jd, my boy carlos as jesus cuz he got the team going, bobby, jolly jim, ozzie, ba, d'oh-tel, jeff marquez (don't worry-he's in hell along with ozzie :)), paulie, aj, john danks the miracle man, and finally that fat tub-o-lard bartolo. i originally had that fat tub-o-lard bartolo up as jesus, but the more i thought about it, the more my boy carlos made sense as the resurrector. since i know the orthodox church is gonna go after me for this, let me just put my disclaimer up:

ATTENTION BISHOPS, PRIESTS, AND WHOMEVER THIS MATTER MAY CONCERN: THIS IMAGE IS NOT MEANT TO MOCK ORTHODOXY. IT IS PURELY FOR ENTERTAINMENT!!! AS A DEVOUT ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN, I'M NOT MOCKING ANYTHING ABOUT MY FAITH!!



that said, i hope you all had a happy easter and GO WHITE SOX!!!

tamtam

No comments:

Post a Comment